Phone rang last week in the wine shop. It was the Wall St. Journal calling, they were doing an article on affordable wines, and could Pete suggest a case for around $120? Only three wine shops in the US were called, and we were one. Wow. Here are Pete’s Picks for the WSJ:
1. Château des Chapelains Bordeaux Clairet rosé (France). $9.99.
2. Diego Murillo Torrontés (Argentina). $9.99.
3. Chateau Haut Sarthes Montravel White Bordeaux (France). $9.99.
4. Charles Smith Wines Holy Cow Chardonnay (Washington). $9.99
5. Aveleda Charamba Vino Tinto (Portugal). $9.99.
6. Château Jeanguillon Bordeaux Supérieur (France). $9.99.
7. Belpoggio Rosso Piceno (Italy). $9.99.
8. Famega Vinho Verde (Portugal). $8.99.
9. Gran Sarao Brut Cava (Spain). $12.99.
10. Pierre Olivier Côtes du Rhône Blanc (France). $9.99.
11. Infinite Monkey Theorem Sauvignon Blanc/Sémillon (Colorado). $19.99
12. Parducci Sustainable Red (California). $9.99.
Call 303 894-9499 to get your very own WSJ Pete’s Picks!
Saturday, June 27th, 2009 at 4:41 pm and is filed under Drinking With Pete, Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.