Get ready for St Patrick’s Day.
“…he felt his belly crave for its food. He hoped there would be stew for dinner, turnips and carrots and bruised potatoes and fat mutton pieces to be ladled out in thick peppered flourfattened sauce.”
St Patrick’s Day
- Marczyk’s corned beef. A boiled dinner done right is great food. Start with Niman Ranch beef, brined with special salt and seasoning, and add new potatoes and cabbage. Available March 10.
- Market made Irish bangers. Bangers and mash! A mild blonde sausage that should be pan fried until crispy and served with mashed potatoes. Available March 10.
- La Romagna Pappardelle. Susanne can’t stop talking about this noodle. Silky and flavorful, use it for a rich Bolognese sauce.
- Vern’s Cheddar curds are back! Heat these over fries with chili.
- Herb roasted tilapia filet with couscous flavored with lemon and artichoke. In our prepared dinner case, an easy solution to no-fish Fridays.
- Peet’s Coffee. It’s back! We have added this strong coffee to our local offerings so you can have it all.
- Loch Duart salmon. Loch Duart is a very different Salmon Company. Award- winning for taste, recognized all over the world for farming practices. Olive oil and salt is all this fish needs. We cannot stress enough how good this salmon is!
An old friend, Brad Page, has started the Colorado Cider Company, where they make four different ciders. http://www.coloradocider.com/. These are not your main stream ciders! They’re fresh, sharp, and flavorful. Add cider to your next get-together and delight your guests. And for a really different tasting experience, Christopher suggested these cheeses to drink with cider: Ossau Irraty sheep’s milk, Cashel Blue, and Montenebro goat’s milk. PS: Did you know the English drink half the cider in the world?
Wine tasting every Friday night, 5:00pm-8:00pm. Free! Taste the Wines of the Month and take advantage of our monthly sales.
Denver Restaurant Week is here! $52.80 menus all over town. http://www.denver.org/denverrestaurant/
This is the kind of “discount” program that creates real success for the local dining scene, so make your reservation and enjoy Denver’s restaurant scene.
Spring ahead with daylight savings March 11.