Hot summer specials
What’s Fresh Now?
- Apricots. So darn beautiful. Almost a musky taste, sweet and tart. They make a beautiful tart.
- Purple Plums. We love them, but we may love this William Carlos Williams short poem about them even more.
- Beets. Local and organic from Oxford Farms. Gold, red, and striped Chiogga! Just ran into an English customer buying beets, she suggests boiling beets, peeling the skins off, then giving them a quick brine in vinegar and pickling spice.
- And many other treats: pea trendils, Oxford Garden carrots, local sweet cherries, melons, berries too.
- We just got news from Ela Family Farms that the peach season will be early this year, as in July 7th! Until then, check out their new website.
- Lou’s Famous Oven Roasted Chicken Sausage. They’re famous! Never-ever meats, sustainable farms, good animal husbandry, and no casings.
- Pomi chopped tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, and tomato sauce. Good and clean pasta sauces not in a can.
- Askinosie Dark Milk Chocolate + Black Licorice CollaBARation Bar. Peculiar and delicious. It’s winning all sorts of awards and garnering a lot of national attention…and if you don’t like black licorice, this is not a chocolate for you.