Fresh Colorado corn and peaches at Marczyk's!
"I expand and live in the warm day
like corn and melons."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Labor Day Weekend Hours:
Steaks of the week:
- Pedro Steaks. Our Marczyk signature cut, this flavorful steak is a flattened tri tip, cut it against the grain for tenderness. $8.99/lb.
- Tri Tip. Pedro’s Big Brother. It’s a long slow road to Fat City. In the case plain, or marinated in our Korean marinade.$8.99/lb.
- Both Niman Ranch of course.
The sausages are on the move…to the new cheese case. Come check out our beautiful BIG cheese case, stocked full of new cheeses: uptown cheeses like creamy burrata, and downtown cheeses like Babybel. Also olives, sausages, salamis, and more.
Roadkill Roosters. Whole birds ready for the grill. These have been a customer favorite since we opened. They are semi-boned marinated chickens that sit flat on the grill. Super easy for a crowd, and lots of crispy deliciousness. I grilled my new favorite, the Sweet Chili Garlic, in the dark on a grill I did not know, and didn’t screw it up. Now that’s saying something! Try one this weekend. $5.99/lb.
- Opah Kabobs. A perfect match for you and your grill. Marinated in a miso honey sauce. $10.99/lb.
- Palani Limu. A vegetarian fish? This Hawaiian snapper eats only vegetarian: seaweed mostly, which gives them a sweet, tangy, ocean taste. They can only be caught by divers with spears.
Eat a Peach Specials:
- Fire roasted peach and corn salsa. Hot, sweet, and smoky. Westword has this recipe at the Café Society blog, or buy it ready made here starting Saturday.
- Ela Farms fresh and juicy peaches. Colorado Gold. My favorite way to eat them: Kellogg’s corn flakes, Morning Fresh Dairy whole milk, and brown sugar.
- Fresh Peach Pies. “You’re my blue sky, you’re my sunny day.” Whole pies sell very fast, but you’ll find plenty of slices tonight at Burger Night.
Wynkoop Brewing Company’s The Great COntenders.
When: Sept 11, 5:00-8:30pm.
Where: Wynkoop Brewing Company, corner of 18th and Wynkoop.
What: A special pre Great American Beer Festival tasting to kick off Denver Beerfest Week. Brewers will serve taster portions of 50-plus beers. The beer list includes previous GABF medal winners, beers entered in the 2010 GABF judging, and rare or soon-to-be released liquid treats.
How Much: $25 in advance and $30 the day of the event. Purchase online at www.wynkoop.com.
Save the Date!
Pig Roast 2010
Saturday, October 2: The 8'th Annual Marczyk Pig Roast. Denver’s only urban pig roast, right here on the sidewalk. Be there!
Around the food hood
Looking for a fresh look for cooler months?
Check out our new wine shirts, featuring The Drinking Lady. Three quarter sleeves make it just right for fall.
The NYT shines a light on our chefs!
"An increasing number of Denver chefs are celebrating Colorado's farmers, ranchers, cheesemakers and foragers, and growing produce and other food themselves."