Fresh new products.
The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
A cloud comes over the sunlit arch,
A wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March.
- Lemon Cake. Perfect for spring. A light, tart cake with a lemon glaze. Just right for the end of the meal.
- Coconut Cake. Rich moist sweet, yum. A dense yellow cake with a coconut cream cheese frosting.
- Jennie's Peanut Butter Bars. A family recipe from Pete's friend Jennie. Take a buttery graham cracker crust, then mix up some salted peanut butter with secret ingredients, and cover the whole thing with a chocolate ganache.
- Bee Pollen! Superfood at it's finest. From Busy Bee Apiaries in Larkspur. Sprinkle in your cereal or yogurt for an energy boost. PS: The Marczyk bees made it through the winter, go bees!
- Mediterranean Chicken Sausage. Made with delicious Petaluma chicken, goat cheese, roasted red peppers, and other fresh ingredients.
Kevin is leaving for the Boston Marathon in 2 weeks, and in his honor we picked a recipe from his home state of Kentucky, the Kentucky Hot Brown, for the Westword Cafe Society Blog.