May and Mother's Day!
“You’ve had it before and you loved it.”
This is what my mother would say when we wondered about what was on our dinner plate. Usually she was right.
Do you have something funny, or freaky, that your mom would say about food? Then check our Facebook page next Wednesday and tell us. The entry with the most likes wins a $25 gift card.
Mother’s Day Meals
In no particular order, here are some suggestions for a day of Fine Food for mom.
Meat and seafood. The truth is in the taste.
- Breakfast sausage. Marczyk-made, a customer fave for Sunday morning. Especially with maple syrup and Oven Baked Organics pancakes, one of the best mixes we have tasted.
- Gravlox omelet.This recipe is part of our May Recipe Roundup. Try it with the fresh King Salmon, now in season.
- Fresh fish from Hawaii. Can’t tell you what it is yet, except that it’s fresh! Marczyk’s has sashimi tuna in the case almost always, and while looking for a good tuna poke recipe, I found this beautiful Hawaiian blog. You have to scroll all the way down for the recipe, but it’s worth your time when you see the food pics!
Cheeses from around the world and around the corner.
- Taleggio. Like a Northern Italian hug. This spreadable, pungent cheese is delicious with our fresh baked Marczyk baguette. For the artistic mom.
- Fruition Farms Shepherd’s Halo. Creamy outside, soft inside. From their sheep farm in Larkspur. This is their new best seller, so limited qualities for all the right reasons. For the earth mama.
- Tarantaise Alpine cheese. From the green mountain state.Quite sharp, super rich. For the strict mother.
- Fresh bread with that? Almost every day, Pete and Paul put on their trucker hats and get going on producing the best baguettes ever.
- Enjoy this very interesting rhubarb recipe.
Mama’s love their desserts.
- Key lime in a fresh graham crust.
- Lemon yogurt cake, serve with fresh berries.
- Strawberry rhubarb pie.
- Cherry pie with a lattice crust.
- Chocolate pudding with fresh whipped cream.
- Where’s my cake? We moved all the desserts to the prepared food case at 17th. More tempting for you!
Foodie mama gifts.
- Sotaroni 12 yr. sweet muscat vinegar. This makes the best salad dressing, especially if there’s an avocado involved.
- Nut oils. Marczyk’s carries hazelnut oil, walnut oil, and almond oil. All are delicious over any cold vegetable salad.
- This month we celebrate pasta primavera! We’ll showcase some great pasta, Recipe Roundup menus, and fresh produce.
- Spicely Organic. Fresh new spices! We love the thoughtful packaging of large, medium, and small. Because really, who can use a big jar cardamom pods?
- Local greens (Arugula, Spinach, Mizuna, Pea Shoots) from Oxford Gardens in Boulder, CO. The LOCAL season is really starting to pick up, much earlier this year due to warmer weather, which means more options for our customers. We LOVE supporting local farms: it tastes best and is freshest.
Burger Night is Back!
When: Friday, 5:00pm-7:30pm: Both stores!
What: Freshly ground Niman Ranch burgers, served on brioche buns with lettuce, tomato, and condiments.
Where: Both stores. 770 E. 17thAve, and 5100 E. Colfax.
How Much: $6.99.
Wine tasting every Friday night, 5:00pm-8:00pm. Free! Taste the Wines of the Month and take advantage of our monthly sales.
Best Wine Shop for Bottles under $15
Best Store on Colfax!