October, and a change of season
It's Turkey Time!
Prepared Food. Made with love by people who care.
A change of season means a change of dinners for our customers.
- Bacon au Gratin Potatoes. Rich & cheesy! An amazing potato dish made with Niman Ranch bacon, cheese, and cream.
- Chicken Paprikash. Savory and oh so good. A half chicken in a rich sauce of sour cream and paprika.
- Shepherd's pie. Classic hearty winter fare. A layered casserole of ground lamb, veggies, mashed potatoes, and cheese.
- Golumpki. Authentic Polish comfort food. We can’t get enough of these stuffed cabbages.
Produce. Fresh is best.
- Parsnips. Super seasonal. Great as fries, and mashed. Try this delicious creamy parsnip and pear recipe from farmer Elaine Granata. Fantastic with turkey!
- Squash, squash, and more squash! Come check out our seasonal tables at both stores. All edible, we dare you.
Meat and Seafood. The Truth is in the Taste.
There is some friendly competition between the new stores, which means new choices for you!
- French sausage and Brie stuffed pork pinwheels. Dinner party anyone? With a nice bottle of French Burgundy. $10.99/lb.
- Italian style beef meatballs. Una polpetta piccante! Beef, a bit of Italian sausage, garlic, basil, oregano, and Parmesan cheese. $6.99/lb.
- Meatloaf Florentine. Fancy meatloaf, an oxymoron? Spinach, mushrooms, white wine, bacon, and Parmesan.
- Tuscan chicken breasts. Our new favorite. Boulder Natural Meats breast with sun dried tomatoes, house-made mozz, and balsamic vinegar. $8.99/lb.
- On Special! Boulder Natural Meats http://www.bouldernaturalmeats.com/and Marczyk’s have a great deal for you. Whole chickens are now $2.69/lb, just ask the butcher to cut it up if that’s what you need.
- Chicken wings, both plain and marinated, are now $2.49/lb. Your football food just got an upgrade.
- Saltimbocca stuffed pork chops. Get stuffed on this stuffed cut. A Niman Ranch boneless chop stuffed with prosciutto, provolone, and sage. $10.99/lb.
- Salmon Sous Vides. Clean and easy. Gently simmer these sauced pouches, then cut it open and serve over rice. Two flavors, Dijon tarragon or red coconut curry. $19.99/lb.
You buy one turkey a year. Make it the best.
Operators are standing by to take your turkey order! Call 17th: 303 894-9499. Call Colfax: 303 243-3355.
Willie Bird turkeys have a big turkey taste. Willie Birds are all natural and truly free-range. (See them http://www.williebird.com/ " target="_blank">here out under the California oaks.) These broad-breasted whites are the conventional breed you all know, but raised naturally without the use of any antibiotics or growth hormones. $3.79/lb.
Eastern Plains Natural Poultry http://www.easternplains.com/ Heritage Turkeys, with their richly flavored meat, are similar to a wild turkey.These unique turkeys, Blue Slates, are a rare breed indigenous to the Americas. Dallas Gilbert in Bennett raises them. Like the Willie Birds, absolutely no antibiotics or growth hormones used, ever. $6.99/lb.
Wednesday, November 23: 8:00AM-8:00PM
Thanksgiving Day: CLOSED
Friday, November 25: 8:00AM-8:00PM
Taste for Teller Wine Tasting & Silent Auction
When: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 6-7:30pm
Where: Capital Heights Presbyterian Church, 1100 Fillmore St.
What: We’re bringing back last year’s popular Around the World in Wine theme. Come taste wines from France, Italy, Australia, South America, and the USA.
More info on the Teller School website:
We’re pleased to announce we won a Denver Design Award for the Colfax store! The Denver Design Awards, now it the 7thyear, awards buildings that help Denver stand out architecturally. Winners this year include 2 breweries, private houses, and even a 7-11. Read more at Westword.