The Holidays are Here!
"Turkeys, geese, game, poultry, brawn, great joints of meat, suckling-pigs, long wreathes of sausages, mince pies, plum puddings..."
Prepared Foods: Made with Love by People Who Care.
Marczyk-made Tamales. The best Polish/Mexican tamales you’ll ever taste. Made with Niman Ranch pork from a family recipe (not our family, Francisco’s).
Meat and Seafood: The Truth is in the Taste.
Christmas Goose! So popular last year, we’ve doubled the order! Embden goose fresh from Grimaud, or Colorado Pilgrim heritage goose from farmer Dallas Gilbert. Apx 8-13lb’s. Both $9.99/lb
Niman Ranch dry-aged* beef. Prime ribs or boneless rib eye roasts. A Marczyk exclusive.This is the best tasting beef in Denver.
Niman Ranch hams: applewood smoked boneless and spiral bone-in. The centerpiece of the holiday buffet. 10-12 lbs.
- Marczyk’s Niman Ranch beef tenderloin 3 ways. We want you to try it so we have priced it into 3 categories:
- Untrimmed, in the bag. Attention chefs! If you have mad knife skills and know butchering, this is the tenderloin for you. $19.99/lb, 6-8 lb average.
- Trimmed and tied. The classic filet, a holiday crowd pleaser. $29.99.
- Chateaubriand. It doesn’t get better than this. The tenderest center cut of the tenderloin. Jimmy will custom cut this for you; please call 303 894-9499 in advance. $34.99/lb.
Limited or Special Order!
Scandinavian skin-on pork loin. A Marczyk exclusive. Imagine a juicy Niman Ranch pork loin, topped with a layer of succulent marbled meat, then crispy pork skin.
Buffalo tenderloins. Serve with a wild mushroom sauce for a Colorado feast!
Niman Ranch pork crown roast. A standing pork crown roast, crispy and juicy, very dramatic! 14 point minimum.
Live Maine Lobsters.
Call 303 894-9499, ask for the meat department.
Also available: pheasants; lamb crowns (18 point minimum), racks and roasts; duck; Grade A foie gras; and more!
- Tsar Imperial Transmontanus. Nutty flavor, both smooth and robust. American farm raised white sturgeon caviar. Heralded as “both bold and lush” by Departures Magazine. Due to careful supervision by Petrossian, our caviar purveyor, native white sturgeon are once again flourishing in California. 30g - $59.99/50g - $99.99.
- Paddlefish. Bold and briny taste in small, light-to-dark gray grains. Paddlefish, a close cousin to the sturgeon, produces caviar relished by chefs and connoisseurs. Wonderful dolloped on blini or tiny potatoes or as a garnish on canapés or smoked fish. 30g - $29.99.
- Trout Roe. A crisp, briny tang. Caviar connoisseurs will enjoy expanding their culinary horizons with this gourmet fish roe. Medium size grains and a deep red color. Enjoy on a blini or toast point, with a dollop of crème fraîche, or scatter over an omelet. 100g - $29.99. 250g - $49.99.
Christmas and New Year’s Hours:
Friday, December 24: 8:00AM-6:00PM
Christmas Day: CLOSED
Friday, December 31: 8:00AM-6:00PM
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Rush Hour Cheese Tastings Thursdays and Fridays, 4:30-6:30pm. Free! Come try our new cheeses and enjoy Chris’ crazy culinary combinations.
Wine tasting every Friday night, 5:00pm-8:00pm. Free! Taste the Wines of the Month and take advantage of our sales.
*What is dry-aging? In the past, beef was slaughtered in a central area with good proximity to railway (like Denver or Chicago) and then it was shipped, whole and hanging, around the country to skilled butchers closer to the final point of sale. Two technologies changed all this: Cryovacing (Cryovac is like Kleenex—a brand name for the process of removing all air from a plastic bag and sealing it) and refrigeration. Centralized slaughter became centralized meat packing. Now beef is packed in plastic bags and boxed very soon after slaughter (2-4 days) then shipped in trucks and “aged” in the bag, aka “wet-aging”. In the dry-aging process, approximately 20-30% of water weight is lost as the meat hangs in a cold room. The result of dry aging is a densely flavored (less water to dilute flavor) extremely beefy and tender piece of meat. This is the meat you will only find at the very best of the very best steak houses and markets. For more Holiday FAQ’s, go to www.marczyk.com.